District 4 is becoming an economic power center in Monterey County due to the developments on Fort Ord and the expansion of Cal State Monterey Bay. It is no longer business as usual and the new supervisor has to be assertive, develop concrete proposals, and hold county government accountable putting fairness in the forefront so everyone will feel respected and valued. I will work to accomplish the goals listed below.
1. Give the People a Voice
- Move the District 4 office into the government complex in Seaside so the public will have greater access.
- Institute a 24-hour policy to respond to complaints submitted to my office from the community.
- Set up an office for an independent investigator to deal with employee and public complaints.
2. Create a Homeless Village on Fort Ord
3. Modernize Government Practices
- Work to solve the water crisis by including all the different stake holders.
- Have more transparency in our power company's dealings with the public.
- Conduct a review of all Monterey County agencies and update or remove regulations.
4. Celebrate the Diversity and Dynamism of This Region
- Make Seaside a destination city by exploring ways to build the Seaside Regional Multicultural Center.
- Bring local businesses together so that we can find ways to bring more CSUMB students into our communities for food and entertainment.